Profile - SuihouIchikawa
Japanese Calligrapher / Sumi ink artists
Having master calligraphers as parents, he started calligraphy from the age of 7 under their guidance.
After this, he obtained qualifications to be a master calligrapher as well as a calligrapher teacher.
Until today, he has won more than ten awards in Kanji Category presented by Shodo (Japanese Calligraphy) Association.
He has been involved in various activities including; Japanese calligraphy instructor, guest speaker at art exhibitions, designing company names / shop names / monk's pseudonyms / business cards / tattoos, etc.
Also, without restricting the scope of his activities to Japanese calligraphy, he actively extended his network of relationships with artists from various genres, and he always reminds himself to aim for "innovation" while drawing lively lines with his brush, all while respecting the traditional Japanese calligraphy culture.
Past activities / design artworks:
* Designed company names & their logos in calligraphy style for companies in Japan
* Designed names in calligraphy style for titles of exhibitions that were organized by groups / individual artists
* Designed tattoos
* Designed New Years postcards / logos in calligraphy style
* Designed business cards for individual clients in calligraphy style
* Worked as Japanese calligraphy instructor
* Attended artwork exhibitions as guest speaker.